Welcome to the Viterbo family! Our community members are excited that you have chosen to enroll at Viterbo University to pursue your undergraduate studies. The next step in your journey is Student Transition and Registration (STAR).
STAR is designed to:
- Register you for fall classes, help you learn more about being a college student, and connect you with your classmates!
- Introduce you and your parents or guests to the Viterbo University community.
- Prepare you to be a confident first-year Viterbo University student. You will be ready to meet the challenges of higher education by:
- Beginning to build student confidence and ease anxiety about the transition to college.
- Being introduced to student support services.
- Learning about academic standards and expectations.
- Informing parents/guardians about issues affecting you as a student.
As a new incoming first-year student, you are required to attend one of the in-person registration days. Parents/guests are also invited and encouraged to attend.
Each date is first come, first served. Individual dates will close as they reach capacity. Date options still available will remain linked below.
In-person STAR Dates for 2023
Sign-up for one date! (Links available starting in March 2023)
- Monday, June 19
- Tuesday, June 20
- Wednesday, June 21
- Thursday, June 22
- Friday, June 23
- Financial Aid Office
- Viterbo Bookstore
- Health Services
- Business Office Information for Students
- Parent Portal Information
Schedule for the day (Tentative)
- 7:15-8 a.m. Check-in, take ID photos, breakfast, mingle/meet your classmates!
- 8-8:20 a.m. Welcome and Overview of STAR
- 8:30-11:50 a.m. Individual registration appointments and select information sessions
- 11:50 a.m.-1:45 p.m. Lunch and additional information sessions
- 1:50-2:20 p.m. Information fair
- 2:30-2:45 p.m. Wrap-up and looking ahead toward fall
The schedule is the same for each day listed above and includes sessions for students, family members and guardians, and appointments for each student with an academic advisor to complete fall registration. Students will be informed of their personalized STAR schedules and registration appointments at check-in.
Unable to attend?
Although STAR is a required event for our incoming first-year students, if you are unable to attend one of the dates above, we will offer an "in absentia" option where students may register with an academic advisor from a distance. Sign-up for in absentia registration here (link available in March 2023). An academic advisor will reach out to you to schedule your appointment.