Innovative Teacher Leadership and Instructional Coaching (Wisconsin)
An online certificate program that prepares teachers to think beyond their current instructional practices. Research-based practices and student-centered coaching techniques are emphasized. Teachers will cultivate an astute ability to collaborate with fellow educators while providing mentorship, encouragement, and personalized support. Communicating and demonstrating instructional practices, shown to result in increased student engagement and achievement, are highlighted throughout the program. Servant leadership, social justice, and working for the common good are intertwined throughout the curriculum.
- 10-credit certificate (4 courses) - fully online
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA for 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution in order to be admitted in good standing
- One academic reference contact required for Wisconsin and Iowa Educational Leadership programs
All requirements for any graduate program in education must be completed within seven years from the date of application to the graduate program. Coursework must have been taken within the last seven years from the date of application to be applied to program requirements, with the exception of Iowa Educational Leadership programs which is limited to five years.
A student must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 to complete any graduate program in education and a grade of C or higher earned in all Viterbo University coursework.
Students who have completed any Viterbo University graduate program within the last seven years may use up to 15 credits of eligible graduate level courses to satisfy the elective requirements for degree candidacy in the Master of Arts in Education Program
Students who have completed the Viterbo University Post-baccalaureate program within the last seven years may use up to fifteen credits of eligible graduate level courses toward the elective requirement for degree candidacy in the Master of Arts in Education Program.
- Advance leadership skills to lead with integrity, demonstrate a strong work ethic, reflect on their work, serve the common good, and bring change to organizations
- Sharpen and cultivate their ability to think critically, analyze student data, work as team members, and be flexible in their coaching
- Work as a colleague with peers, providing personalized support that is based on the goals and identified needs of the educator
- Communicate and demonstrate research-based instructional practices that result in increased student engagement and excellence for all