Viterbo University's student organizations serve as an added educational resource to students, giving them experiences related to their classes and providing a variety of activities to supplement and balance their lives. Involvement in a group that helps to explore interests can be a source of developing skills, learning more about the many facets of a particular area, experiencing the interplay of working with others, and assuming leadership roles. Get involved in one of the 30 plus student organizations or sport clubs. You can also start your own!
Student Boards, Associations, and Councils
Residence Hall Council (RHC) - A governing body that represents the Residence Halls on campus. Its goal is to provide service to residents within the residence halls as well as providing program options. Residence Hall Council is the perfect way for residents to be heard and to get action taken. There are also outstanding leadership options with RHC, including annual conferences.
Student Activities Board (SAB) - is a student run organization that offers safe and free activities for all Viterbo students such as Homecoming activities, free movie and bowling nights, and many more. A major component of SAB is campus involvement which helps build friendships, communication skills, and leadership skills. Through club participation, members will become more active in the campus and La Crosse community.
Student Government Association (SGA) - It is the mission of the Viterbo University Student Government Association (SGA) to represent and advocate for Viterbo students. The SGA works to improve campus life for students, bridge communication between students and the university, ensure appropriate use of student activity fee monies, and strengthen student organizations.SGA is an elected board of students.
- Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society (Tri-Beta) - An honor and professional society for students of the biological sciences. Tri-Beta is designed to stimulate interest, scholarly attainment, and investigation in the biological sciences, and to promote the dissemination of information and new interpretations among students in the life sciences.
- Colleges Against Cancer, Viterbo Chapter - The American Cancer Society Colleges Against Cancer is a nationwide collaboration of college students, faculty, and staff dedicated to eliminating cancer by initiating and supporting programs of the American Cancer Society in college communities.
- College Democrats- A collection of Democrat, Independent, Progressive, and like minded students which support local, state, and national democratic candidates to provide a democratic support group on campus where students can become actively involved in democratic political activities.
- College Republicans - we work to communicate and advocate the ideas and values of independents, libertarians, tea partiers, conservatives and republicans.
- DNA Club (previously BioChem Club) - Supports the biology,
chemistry, biochemistry, or environmental sustainable majors; assists
those involved; promotes and increases environmental awareness; and
helps provide a more enjoyable atmosphere throughout all aspects of
students' educational experiences.
- Education Club - is composed of students, not only
Education majors, but also any students who are interested in educational
leadership and working in a professional environment. Members will gain a greater sense of
responsibility, professionalism, and leadership by participating in
professional and social opportunities in the La Crosse and Viterbo communities.
Members will create a balance of teamwork, opportunities, and experiences of
positive outreach to the community as well as enforce Viterbo values to build
acceptance and awareness of all others' backgrounds.
- Enactus (previously SIFE) -
to empower people in need and develop leadership, teamwork, and
communication skills through volunteerism, while applying business and
economic concepts in an entrepreneurial approach.
- Environmental Sustainability Club - helps promote
sustainable choices among students and facility at Viterbo University.
- Filmmaker's Guild - aims to provide a hub that supports students who are interested in the
production of film. Using innovative projects paired with the
integration of Viterbo's educational, social, religious and recreational
aspects, The Filmmaker's Guild aims to inspire immense campus
involvement and productions.
- Final Edit - provides additional English-related resources and activities through programs sponsored and supported by Final Edit for club members and the Viterbo community.
- Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA) - aims to create a welcoming, accepting, and safe place on Viterbo's campus for people of all sexual orientation. GSA works to promote human equality and respect for human dignity.
- Global Rhythms - Viterbo’s international club celebrating cultural diversity. Promotes and encourages an exchange of culture throughout the nations by providing opportunities for friendship, understanding and the social interests of the members.
- Historians' Club - promotes the study of history through the encouragement
of research, good teaching, publication and the exchange of learning and ideas
among historians. We seek to bring students and teachers together for
intellectual and social exchanges, which promote and assist historical research
and publication by our members. Membership in club also allows students to join
PHI ALPHA THETA, the National Honor Society of Historians, if they met the
- Philosophy Club - Provides an intellectual community for the advancement of meaningful discourse on campus. The club will promote aspects of thinking such as formal logic, critical thinking, clear articulation of ideas, synthesis of group thoughts, and clear argumentation. We will be open to discussion of current philosophical issues, as well as those that have existed for millennia. All persons and their opinions and beliefs will be treated respectfully, but participants in discussion will be expected to give reasons for their statements.
- Pre-Health Club - is an organization representing future professional school applicants. The purpose of the club is to supply its members with current information about professional school and the healthcare industry. In addition, the Pre-Health Club prepares students to become competitive professional school applicants, while providing support during the process.
- Psychology Club - Supports student body education by informing and encouraging mental and emotional wellness by facilitating involvement with the community and campus life.
- SOAHR - The Student Organization Advocating Human Rights, in line with Franciscan values, seeks to enlighten and educate the campus and community by raising awareness and advocating for human rights with the goal of fostering unity and respect for the world through social action.
- Social Work Club - Promotes awareness of the Social Work profession as well as educate and advocate for social causes, through coordinating events on campus and local community.
- Spanish Club- For students interested in the Spanish language and culture. Members host campus cultural events and engage in teaching Spanish to area children. The Spanish Club fosters understanding and appreciation for Spanish and Hispanic-American cultures through experiences emphasizing language, social issues, service, and fun.
- Sport Science & Management Club (SSMC) - provides Viterbo University students with diverse opportunities within and across the sports spectrum primarily through management and science experiences on and off campus. Club members will be involved and facilitate a wide range of activities, such as sporting activities, trips to sports venues, seminars and guest speakers, and community events.
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) - Committee serves as a communications link between varsity athletes and the athletic administration, unity with athletes and teams, and to increase involvement and awareness of Viterbo’s intercollegiate athletic programs.
- Student Dietetics Association (SDA) - Promotes the profession of nutrition and dietetics as well as heightening awareness of healthy eating among students. The annual apple pie sale is a holiday highlight.
- Student Veterans of America - provide military
veterans with the resources, support, and advocacy needed to succeed in higher
education and following graduation.
- Taking New Tactics (TNT) - Peer education program for those who wish to facilitate a variety of campus activities that focus on promoting healthy lifestyles and low-risk choices.
- VHawks for Life - works to protect life from conception to natural death,
particularly those lives threatened by abortion, infanticide, embryonic stem
cell research and euthanasia. In furtherance of these goals, members promote
respect for life at Viterbo University and on a local, state and national
level, educate on life issues, help those in need so that life is a promising
choice, and work with others who share common goals.
- Viterbo Art Club - the main mission is to nurse the innate creative spirit of every
individual within our community. It hopes to help our student artists expand
their methods of self-expression through the meetings and open studios. It
desires to create a more solidified artistic community with a more unified
voice, here at Viterbo. We hope to show the public how all benefit from the
merits of fine art by creating artistic influence through art openings, sales,
workshops and speakers. The Viterbo Art Club provides its members an artistic
environment that allows them to grow critically and intellectually for the
betterment of their future and their community’s future.
- Viterbo Free Thinkers - promotes non-religious based discussions of current political, social, and cultural issues. Students are also encouraged to attend in debate teams to express and argue opposing viewpoints on certain topics
- Viterbo Improv! - gives students the opportunity to explore the world of improvisation by
allowing them to build life skills as well as stage skills.
- Viterbo Student Nurses Association (VSNA) - Helps student nurses promote profession on campus and local area. VSNA offers an opportunity to meet, become active, and study with other nursing majors. We provide many service opportunities in the Viterbo and La Crosse communities. Activities include Relay for Life, blood drives, blood pressure monitoring, collaboration with the Boys and Girls Club, and the Health Fair.
- Viterbo Students in Technical Theatre (VSTT) - has a variety of objections. VSTT fundraise and organizes the annual trip to the national and regional USITT conferences, acts as a vehicle for networking with other students and professionals throughout the year, and plans events/ workshops that specifically target students in the areas of technical theatre and design, stage management and arts administration.
- Women's Studies Organization - promotes awareness,
discuss, and promote activities that one can get involved in.
Lumen is the Viterbo student newspaper. Its purpose is to provide communication among members of the Viterbo community. Included are impartial reports on campus events and other information of interest to the community. It should stimulate thinking, serve as a forum for opposing views on issues, and show the relationship of the campus to city, national, and world events.
Touchstone is the Viterbo literary art magazine. Its purpose is to provide Viterbo students with an outlet for publications of prose, poetry, and art, as well as with the learning experience and freedom of selecting pieces and preparing the layout and design of a magazine.
Standard Disclaimer - Some links from this page are to the club Facebook pages of individual Viterbo University students. These specific pages represent the views and opinions of the individual authors, not necessarily those of the University although all users are expected to be in compliance with the general policies set forth in the Viterbo University network and Web guidelines. Comments and questions regarding content or links from these pages should be addressed to the creator of each individual page.