School of Education
School of Education
Viterbo University's School of Education prepares educators who are grounded in Franciscan values and possess the knowledge and skills to be reflective decision makers for the 21st century.
Educating teachers was part of the original mission in 1890 and now, more than a century later, that has not changed. Quality student-focused teaching, and our commitment to it, remain constant. Whether students are seeking initial licensure, a graduate degree, or adding a new teaching certification, Viterbo’s nationally accredited teacher education programs create educators who are ethical leaders and exceptional educators.
Viterbo faculty understand that personal growth and development, the questioning of values, and appreciation for the mission of the teacher are important elements of the teaching profession. Our faculty are intrinsically motivated and dedicated to their students first and foremost, to continual professional growth, and to creating a contemporary learning environment.
A degree in education will open a multitude of career roles; these roles could lead to careers such as:
- an elementary, middle school, or high school teacher
- curriculum specialist
- literacy specialist
- school administrator
- educational policy specialist
- special education leader
- or other child-focused positions within the community.
As you consider entering the field of education, our dedicated faculty are here to advise you and help you along the way. We are committed to your success and establishing relationships that will foster your passion for working with children.
In keeping with the tradition of our Franciscan founders, the following five core values will be reflected in all that we do at Viterbo University:
- Contemplation, as we reflect upon the presence of God in our lives and work
- Hospitality, as we welcome everyone we encounter as an honored guest
- Integrity, as we strive for honesty in everything we say and do
- Stewardship, as we practice responsible use of all resources in our trust
- Service, as we work for the common good in the spirit of humility and joy.