All third year dietetic students must complete an application process in order to be admitted into the professional phase of the Master of Science in Coordinated Medical Dietetics (MSCMD) program. You cannot take master’s level nutrition courses until you have been admitted into the professional phase. To be eligible for admission, you must have satisfied all of the following requirements:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
2. Completion of all nutrition courses with following minimum grades.
- Grade of at least a “B” in all nutrition courses- 340, 341/541, 351, 352/552, 370/570, 372, 374, 481.
- Grade of at least a “C” in BIO104/104L & 114/114L, 296, CHEM106, 140, 305.
3. You should’ve already received an email from TCCP (The Clinical Coordination Partnership), where you
created an account with “Student Passport”. You will upload all background check results, as well as
immunization records at this site.
4. Completion of a self-disclosure statement and criminal history check in compliance with the Wisconsin
Caregiver Law, through CastleBranch (see below).
This should be completed within 3 months of beginning NUTR481 and must be completed by
November 1, 2021.
This can be completed by going to the website- Welcome to WORCS - DOJ WORCS (wi.gov) –and click on
“public access” and submit a “new background request.”
The cost of the background check is $45, which the applicant is responsible.
Once completed, background check findings should be uploaded to “Student Passport”.
5. Completion of all health and immunization requirements by November 1, 2021. Required health and
immunization requirements are: Hepatitis B, MMR, Tdap, TB, flu shot and COVID.
Complete an updated immunization record Viterbo University and schedule a TB test via
the website by November 1, 2021. Cost is $5.
All immunization information should be uploaded to Student Passport, as well.
6. Completion of an interview with a registered dietitian nutritionist from your hometown and a summary
reflection paper of that learning experience by May 20th, 2022.
You will obtain the dietitian’s signature (electronic signature will be accepted) verifying the meeting
and scan all documents to send with all application materials.
7. At the end of spring semester (the third-year/junior year), after you have received your spring semester
grades, submit the application packet electronically by May 20, 2022. Include the following in the packet:
- Completed application form, and copy of your VitNet Degree Audit.
- RDN Interview form, plus the completed word-processed summary reflection paper.
- One-two page application letter outlining your professional goals at this time.
The application packet must be emailed to both, the Nutrition & Dietetics Administrative Assistant and Jamie Weber firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm on May 20, 2022.
Once this packet is submitted, you should apply to the Masters of Science in Community Medical Dietetics (MSCMD), if interested in pursuing a career as a RDN. You can learn more about the MSCMD at About the Master of Science in Community Medical Dietetics (MSCMD) | Viterbo University. Contact Dr. Kelsey McLimans with any questions at email@example.com.
Should any questions arise regarding the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The faculty of the Nutrition and Dietetics Department look forward to working with you in the next phase of the program!