All third year dietetic students must complete an application process in order to be admitted into the professional phase of the Accelerated Coordinated Master’s in Dietetics (ACMD) program. You cannot take master’s level nutrition courses until you have been admitted into the professional phase. To be eligible for admission, you must have satisfied all of the following requirements:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Completion of all nutrition courses – 351, 352, 370, 372, 374, 481 – with at least a B
- Completion of a self-disclosure statement and criminal history check that is in compliance with the Wisconsin Caregiver Law
- Completion of all health and immunization requirements (hepatitis B, MMR, Tdap, TB, and flu shot, which is offered in the fall)
- Completion of an interview with a registered dietitian nutritionist and a summary reflection paper of that learning experience. You will obtain the dietitian’s signature verifying the meeting and scan all documents to send with all application materials.
Step 1: In order to successfully complete the application process it is necessary to start early this semester to obtain all required immunizations. If a hepatitis B vaccine is needed, this is a 6-month process. You must complete all immunizations this semester. Submit proof of all immunizations (hepatitis B, MMR, Tdap, TB, and flu) via email to Sue Danielson in health services email@example.com by May 1, 2022.
Step 2: You must complete the Background Information Disclosure (BID) Form (HFS-64A), the out of state residence form, and complete any requirements for criminal background checks from other states prior to May 1, 2022. These forms can be sent to the department’s administrative assistant, Barb Clark, NRC room 107 by May 1, 2022.
Step 3: You must complete an interview with a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) and obtain the dietitian’s signature on the interview form. See the RDN Interview form for exact information on the interview. The completed, RDN signed interview form, plus a word processed summary reflection paper of what you learned from the interview must accompany your application packet.
Step 4: At the end of spring semester, after you have received your spring semester grades, submit the application packet by May 15, 2022. Include the following in the packet:
- Completed application form, and copy of your Vitnet Degree Audit.
- RDN Interview form with proper signature, plus the completed word processed summary reflection paper.
- Application letter outlining your professional goals at this time.