A Parent and Family Orientation session will be held during Fall V-Hawk Orientation from 2p-2:50pm on Thursday, August 25, 2022 in the Fine Arts Main Theater. Join us for this special session designed to connect you with University personnel and acquaint you with the policies and practices we employ to help keep your student safe help them by successful. We'll talk about how we partner with you to help your student transition to college at Viterbo, answer any questions you might have, and help you determine how best to offer your support and encouragement. Complete Fall 2022 V-Hawk Orientation schedules can be viewed here starting in early August, if you're interested.
The following resources may also be helpful as you prepare for your transfer or first-year student to arrive on campus:
- College Parent Central
- Transition Year: Your Source for Emotional Health at College
- "5 Things to Know When Your Child Goes to College"
- "15 Things Parents of First-Year Students Should Never Do"
- Information about Educated, our 2019-2020 First Year Common Read book
- Christian College Guide's Parents' View
- Understanding the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Affording Viterbo
Additional Information for Parents and Family Members
Click here to learn more about Viterbo services, resources, and events.