Welcome to Viterbo University in the heart of La Crosse, Wis. Here at Viterbo, we believe learning is a life long process involving more than just academics. It's also about experiencing life and growing intellectually, culturally, and spiritually. La Crosse is just the place to accomplish this.
With a population of 52,000, La Crosse is nestled in the panoramic view of bluffs, valleys, and rivers. La Crosse is truly one of the most picturesque places to visit, live, or work. Perched on the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, the La Crosse area is also known as "God's Country" and the "Coulee Region."
With Minneapolis two and a half hours to the northwest and Madison, Wis., two hours to the southeast, La Crosse enjoys small-town charm with larger city benefits.
U.S. News & World Report named La Crosse as one of the nation's 10 Best Places to Live.
Learn more about the region, its services and educational offerings through the following links.
- Greater La Crosse Area Chamber of Commerce
- La Crosse Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- La Crosse Weather
- Travel Wisconsin - La Crosse & Onalaska
- City of La Crosse
- City of Onalaska
- Village of Holmen
Preschool and K–12 Education
- Aquinas Catholic Schools
- Holmen School District
- La Crescent-Hokah School District
- La Crosse Montessori Preschool
- La Crosse School District
- Luther High School - Onalaska
- School District of Onalaska
- Sparta School District
- West Salem School District
Culture and the Arts