Counseling Services at Viterbo University is adapting to the ever growing need for mental health services. We believe the mental health support is important and key to a successful college completion. We are introducing to our university community, Goal-focused Counseling. This is a solution focused approach to addressing students immediate needs and the student and counselor decide what are the best services needed.
- New Students to Counseling Services: Click on "Request Appointment" to schedule an "Initial Appointment" or "Same Day Appointment" online.
- Students who have been seen in Counseling Services: Click on "Follow-up Appointment" to schedule an appointment.
- Students can set up in-person or telehealth appointments year around. (Some limitations apply. Please talk to your counselor about what is best for you.)
- If there is difficulty scheduling or you have any questions about how to schedule an appointment, please contact the Director of Counseling Services, Justin McKnight at email@example.com or 608-796-3808.
- New students are asked to arrive 10 minutes early for the first appointment to complete paperwork if they have not completed it online prior to the appointment.
- Crisis/Same Day times are available daily for students needing immediate assistance.
***If you or someone you care about are suicidal or in need of immediate assistance, please contact Campus Safety and Security at 608-780-1582 or your local emergency provider***
After Hours Resources
- Campus Safety and Security: ext. 3911 (on campus) or 608-780-1582 (off campus)
- Lifeline: Text "Listen" to 741741 or
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Life threatening emergency: 911
- Great Rivers 24-hour helpline: 211 (land line or campus phone) or 800-362-8255 (cell or land line). This is a free, confidential help-line for community information, referrals, and crises services 24 hours a day
- Mobile Crisis: 608-784-4357
- Gundersen Healthcare System: 608-782-7300 or 800-362-9567
- Mayo Healthcare System: 608-785-0940 or 800-362-5454