Direct admission to the nursing program, first requires admission to Viterbo University—Apply online. Direct admission will be granted to incoming freshman students (from high school) who meet the following criteria for spring 2021, fall 2021 or spring 2022:
- High school GPA of 3.65 or higher
- Completion of one year of high school chemistry, or equivalency, with grade of C or better
- Completion of two years of high school algebra, or equivalency, with grades of C or better
Priority deadline Feb. 1 – Direct admission may not be guaranteed for qualified applicants after the priority deadline.
Note: Any freshman admitted as a holistic admission student may be considered for direct admission if GPA or test scores change, and are submitted prior to Feb.1.
Professional Nursing Sequence
To progress directly into the professional sequence of the program, direct admission students will need to:
- maintain full time enrollment at Viterbo University.
- maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the first year.
- affirm interest in entering the professional nursing sequence and preferred semester start (fall or spring) by May 15 of freshman year, by completing the Professional Nursing Sequence application.
- Achieve grades of BC or higher in all nursing pre-requisite courses:
- ENGL 103 or ENGL 105 or ENGL 195
- PSYC 171
- BIOL 104 and BIOL 114
- CHEM 120 and CHEM 121 OR CHEM 106
- SOCL 125
If a student does not meet the above criteria for direct admission by the end of spring semester their freshman year, but still meets the requirements for holistic admission, they will be considered for admission.
Note: All direct admission students who meet the above requirements will be guaranteed admission into the professional sequence of the program in either the fall or spring of their sophomore year. If more students wish to start the professional phase in the fall than space allows, overall GPA and prerequisite nursing courses GPA will be used to determine the priority.