"Do you have a favorite Viterbo story?"
"Did a professor or mentor challenge you in a meaningful way?"
"Did you find your sweetheart at Viterbo?"
"Have friendships formed at Viterbo enriched your life?"
These are examples of questions Viterbo alumni are being asked as part of an oral history project collecting stories from alumni across the country and across generations.
The Viterbo University Alumni Association has partnered with Publishing Concepts Inc. (PCI) for the oral history project. After alumni stories have been collected, PCI will create a unique alumni history publication as well as sharing recordings and transcripts of the stories collected with the university to preserve and share Viterbo's rich history.
Since June 2022, PCI has been contacting alumni via mail, phone, and email seeking stories and updating contact information. Contact information will not be shared with outside entities.
Participants can purchase the oral history book (in print or the electronic version), but purchase is not required to participate.
Email email@example.com or call 608-796-3072 or with any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s legit! We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an oral history publication for Viterbo University. PCI is a family owned business based in Dallas that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for almost 100 years. This project allows Viterbo University to hear about your personal experiences and how Viterbo University has helped shape your life.
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information: Allows us to effectively communicate with alumni
- Legacy: Preserves the history of our school
- Revenue: Generates non-dues revenue for alumni programs
- Pride: Wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses, and information provided to PCI for the publication of oral history project stories will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the oral history project publication and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact personal identifiable information from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the oral history project.
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the oral history project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, then ask you to share your story about your time at Viterbo University. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to Viterbo University at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / firstname.lastname@example.org or to Viterbo directly.
You will receive an email with a link to upload up to two photos (black and white or color) plus captions.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send physical photos in to be printed. Submitted photos will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.