Business Leadership (BBA Degree Completion)
Viterbo’s business leadership degree completion program is an online program that allows students to complete a Bachelor of Business Administration degree using previously earned college credit, military credit, or credit for prior learning. Most students enter this program with 30+ prior college credits in business disciplines. Business leadership represents the study of organizational theory and management, allowing students to build upon their practical experience and skills while expanding upon knowledge in finance, marketing, and accounting. Formally this degree was known as Organizational Management.
- All students pursuing the BBA degree must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) in the major requirement courses, and students must receive a letter grade of C (2.0) or higher in each of these courses. If a grade of CD or below is earned in any of these courses, the course must be repeated until a grade of C or higher is achieved. Students pursuing the business education major must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in all business and education coursework.
- All transfer students seeking an undergraduate degree offered by the Dahl School of Business must earn a minimum of 15 credits of business coursework at Viterbo University.
- Students completing a bachelor completion degree may not concurrently double major or double degree in a major offered as a traditional student major.
- Comprehend and apply concepts of human resource planning, personnel selection, motivation, and performance evaluation
- Demonstrate an understanding of how individuals and groups influence organizational behavior, and demonstrate the ability to work in teams
- Demonstrate the ability to apply communication skills in a variety of interpersonal and organizational settings
- Apply principles of various business disciplines (such as statistics, accounting, and finance) to solve complex problems
- Demonstrate sound ethical decision-making skills to solve ethical problems in organizations
- Understand and demonstrate mastery of management theories, principles, processes, and skills
The Servant Leadership Embedded Certificate is embedded within the Business Core curriculum. Students will practice ethical decision making, learn to communicate through storytelling, develop contemplation and discernment, understand how to build community and how to support the Common Good.
- Practice ethical decision-making
- Communicate through storytelling
- Develop contemplation and discernment
- Understand how to build community and support the Common Good