Ways of Thinking Integrating Faith and Practice
Integrating faith and practice is the study of how people apply sacred and foundational texts to their lives.
- Analyze practices of faith found in sacred and foundational texts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how various people practice their faith.
Alignment with LIVE learning outcomes
Critical Thinking: 2
Information Fluency: 1
Ethical Reasoning and Moral Development: 1
Integrative Learning: 2
Integrating Faith & Practice course guidelines
1. Each Integrating Faith & Practice course will require that students read and analyze no fewer than two books, excluding the Bible.
2. Each course will require exams to assess student mastery of the reading material and class lectures.
1. All unit tests will include essay questions.
2. All 300- and 400-level courses will require that students write an 8-12 page research paper.
1. Every Integrating Faith & Practice course will include small group discussion and every student will have the chance to lead that discussion.
2. All 300- and 400-level courses will require a 10-15 minute presentation or panel discussion
Current catalog list of LIVE courses
Integrating Faith & Practice rubric