Start Your Own Student Organization
Come up with an idea, or maybe you already have one; organizations are started for social, recreational, academic, current issue/hot topic, etc. purposes. All organizations must be started by students.
- Find at least three friends who are also interested in your organization (must be currently enrolled students at Viterbo). Membership must also be open to any Viterbo student.
- Find an advisor who supports your idea and is a Viterbo faculty or staff member.
- Complete the Application for Student Organization Status.
- Correspond in person or through email with campus activities or recreational sports regarding any additional training that needs to be completed. A meeting will most likely be requested.
- Once your application has been processed, the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs will mail you an official status letter.
All University Recognized Organizations Receive the Following Benefits:
- Maintaining an account with the Viterbo University Business Office. This also allows your organization to use the Viterbo tax exempt status on purchases—saving your group money.
- Requesting funds from SGA to support activities.
Reserving and using Viterbo University facilities for meetings and events.
Promoting meetings and activities through Viterbo communications.
Promoting your organization through the website and the Office of Student Life.
Receiving invitations to roundtables and the fairs.