The Department of Recreation and Leadership offers a Marketing/Graphic Design internship. The purpose of the intern position is to work with the Assistant Director to create and distribute marketing materials to effectively communicate with department's current and potential patrons.
- Familiarize yourself with all Recreation and Leadership programs, services, and facilities.
- Work with the Assistant Director to create, implement, and evaluate the marketing plan.
- Work with the Assistant Director to create a media kit for advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
- Assist with the planning of various special events occurring within the department such as tournaments, wellness fairs, and University sponsored events.
- Represent the Department of Recreation and Leadership at orientations and informational fairs.
- Work with the Director and Assistant Director to ensure that all publications meet specific branding guidelines.
- Maintaining the department's informational bulletin boards as a marketing and informational tool.
- Keep Recreation and Leadership materials in stock at various places on campus including the Admissions office, Resident Halls, University Union, and other campus offices.
- Receive authorization to and hang banners/flyers at the University Union and residence halls.
- Give effective oral and visual presentations to various groups on campus.
- Attend and photograph various Recreation and Leadership events.
- Design and create effective and accurate marketing brochures, flyers, banners, t-shirts and advertisements including layout, photo selection, and content management.
- Ensure all design requests are well designed and completed by deadline.
- Research new methods of advertising for students, faculty/staff, and alumni of Viterbo.
- Provide graphic support for all Recreational Sports marketing materials.
- Keep regular office hours.
- Work well with others and be flexible in design strategies.
- Certification in First Aid/CPR
- Possess good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
- Working knowledge of computer design tools, including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Ability to work afternoons, evenings, and weekends
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Sincere interest in upholding the standards of the Recreation and Leadership Department
- Be willing to work a minimum of 10-15 hours per week
- Must be flexible afternoons, nights, weekends