Kwangho Park is the assistant professor for the sport management and leadership program in the Dahl School of Business at Viterbo University. He attained a PhD in sport management from the Sorrel College of Business at Troy University in 2022 and has two master’s degrees in sport management from Indiana University Bloomington and Florida State University. He acquired a bachelor’s degree in community sports from Korea National Sport University, where athletes train to get gold medals in the Olympic Games and international sport competitions.
Professionally, he has work experience as an instructor based on four sport instructor certifications (Ski / SCUBA Diving / Swimming / Taekwondo), and he was an infantry army officer for the Republic of Korea Army and ranked as a lieutenant from 2007–2010.
Areas of Interest: Dr. Park’s research interests include technology adoption for the sport industry, sport video games, and sport diplomacy in international relations.
Social Media Links:
Kwangho Park’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/viterbopark03/
Viterbo Sport Management & Leadership: https://www.instagram.com/viterbo_spml/
- Park, K., Koo, G. & Kim, M. (2023). The effect of UN resolution for Olympic Truce on peace based on functionalism. Journal of Human Sport and Exercise, in press. [Scopus Indexed / Impact Factor: 1.237].
- Choi, J. & Park, K. (In Press). The rising sun flag at the Olympics: Determining South Koreans’ perspectives using semantic network analysis. SAGE Open. [SSCI Indexed / Impact Factor: 2.032]
- Choi, J., Park, K., Koo, G. Y., & Kim, M. (May 2023). Effects of the athlete’s inappropriate behaviors on fan sustainability using text mining and semantic network analyses. 2023 North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM) Conference, Montréal, Canada.
- Song, J., Jung, M., Park, K., & Yu, H. Y. (2022). Water sport tourists’ hesitation in decision-making during the COVID-19 pandemic: The moderating effect of destination image. Sustainability, 14(8), 4414 [SSCI and SCIE Indexed / Impact Factor: 3.251]
- Park, K. (2022). Ski resort successful in defense against a party injured during transportation by ski patrolman. Sports Litigation Alert, 19(14), 5-6.
- Park, K., Desabato, A. P., Kim, M., Koo, G. Y., & Youk, H. (2022). Examining the difference of stress sources between American and Korean elite swimmers. International Journal of Human Movement Science, 16(1), 59-76.
- Hardin, R., Childs, M. L., Koo, G. Y., & Park, K. (2022). College Students’ Purchase Behaviors of Single-Serve Premium Juices. Journal of Applied Marketing Theory.
- Park, K., Koo, G. Y., Kim, M., & Martin, C. (2022). The Effect of Playing Narrative Sport Video Games with Face-Scanning Technology on Self-Perception Alteration and Sport Consumption Behavioral Intention. 2022 North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM) Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Mathner, R., Martin, C., & Park, K. (2022). Extending Sports Wagering Studies Outside of the NCAA Student-athlete Population: High School student-athletes Gambling and Sport Wagering Behaviors. 2022 North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM) Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Park, K., Evans, J., Kim, M., & Koo, G. Y. (2022). The sport law issue and solutions: The little black dots in the artificial turf. 2022 Applied Sport Management Association (ASMA) Conference, Indianapolis, IN.
- Park, K. (2022). The effect of playing narrative sport video games with face-scanning technology on self-perception alteration and sport consumption behavioral intention. 2022 Seoul National University Sport Science Symposium, Seoul, South Korea