Health Care and Wellness Management (BS)
Viterbo’s health care and wellness management program provides students with the perfect blend of real-life health care practice and in-depth health care and wellness management knowledge. Students in this program benefit from faculty with leadership experience in health care settings, partnerships with leading health care providers, and courses grounded in ethical decision-making for business professionals.
- All students pursuing the BS in Health Care and Wellness Management must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) in the major requirement courses, and students must receive a letter grade of C (2.0) or higher in each of these courses. If a grade of CD or below is earned in any of these courses, the course must be repeated until a grade of C or higher is achieved. Students pursuing the business education major must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in all business and education coursework.
- All transfer students seeking an undergraduate degree offered by the Dahl School of Business must earn a minimum of 15 credits of business coursework at Viterbo University.
- Demonstrate mastery of management theories, principles, processes, and skills specific to the health care industry, to effectively lead and develop people in a health care setting.
- Apply principles of various business disciplines (including statistics, accounting, finance, quality improvement, and informatics) to address complex health care issues.
- Analyze health care policy and delivery systems that drive strategies toward affordability, access, and growth.
- Apply sound legal and ethical decision-making skills to effectively address issues that affect health care organizations.
- Demonstrate the use of health care informatics to support organizational efficiency, regulatory, compliance, and clinical managerial decision-making.
- Examine the current quality improvement tools that are used to improve patient care and increase patient satisfaction.