Areas of Use
The Mathy Center houses 3 full-size basketball courts that are used by Viterbo University and the Boys and Girls Club. The gyms are scheduled and programmed so that both groups may have use of 1, 2, or 3 courts at any given time. Please check with the Viterbo Welcome Center Desk for daily schedules or check the online schedule here.
The courts may be used for a variety of activities including basketball and volleyball. Recreational Sports Intramurals takes place in the gyms as well as limited Varsity Athletics practices and the Boys and Girls Club programs. There are also times where the courts are available for “open gym.”
The courts are located on the first level of the Mathy Center.
Gym Reservation Policy
- The Mathy Center gymnasium courts are available by reservation to these Viterbo University groups: academic departments and programs, intramural leagues, registered student organizations and varsity athletic teams.
- Reservations are made through and approved by the Director of Recreational Sports.
- Reservations must be made and approved at least 7 days in advance of the date and time requested.
- Intramural Leagues and Boys & Girls Club programming are given priority scheduling in accordance with the Mathy Center Administrator Handbook.
- Depending upon availability, groups associated with academic departments and programs and/or registered student organizations will be limited to usage of one court for a 1.5 hours per event twice per week.
- Procedures for use of the gym by Viterbo varsity athletic teams are outlined in the Mathy Center Administrator Handbook.
Open Gym Hours
- The gymnasium courts will be made available daily to students and employees of Viterbo University for open gym hours. Open gym hours are scheduled for students and employees who are not engaging in academic program, intramural, student organization or varsity athletics practice or competition.
- Interested students and employees should check the posted Gym Schedule for court availability.