Master of Arts in Education
Viterbo University's School of Education prepares educators who are grounded in Franciscan values and possess the knowledge and skills to be reflective decision makers for the 21st century.
The Master of Arts in Education degree program at Viterbo University provides professional teachers with a meaningful and exciting avenue for personal growth and development. It is designed to provide teachers with skills in reading, evaluating, and conducting classroom action research. Action research can lead to improved methods, sound evaluation, and new opportunities to learn, develop, hone, and practice skills that can be applied directly in the classroom. Viterbo's program, however, looks beyond professional knowledge. Viterbo faculty believe that personal growth and development, the questioning of values, and an appreciation for the mission of the teacher are also important elements of a teaching profession. Pride in and an appreciation for the importance of teaching are keystones in the Viterbo program philosophy and mission.
Master of Arts in Education (MAE) Degree Options:
- MAE Generalist: minimum of 30 graduate credits
- MAE with WI Reading Teacher 316 License: minimum of 34 graduate credits
- MAE with WI Reading Specialist 17 License: minimum of 30 graduate credits
- MAE with WI Cross-categorical Special Education 801 License: minimum of 34-36 graduate credits
- MAE with WI Principal License 51: minimum of 36 graduate credits
- MAE with WI Director of Instruction License 10: minimum of 39 graduate credits
- MAE with WI Director of Special Education and Pupil Services License 80: minimum of 45 graduate credits
- MAE with IA PK-12 Principal/Supervisor of Special Education License #189: 36 graduate credits
- MAE with Innovative Teacher Leadership and Instructional Coaching: minimum of 30 graduate credits
Graduate Tuition: $390 per credit tuition plus $10 per credit resource fee for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Financial Aid Information: Financial aid is available for the MAE program. Contact the Financial Aid Office for additional information.
Apply to the Master of Arts in Education program. Download our application checklist: Application Instructions and Checklist
Register for Courses: New students will be assisted with registration for the first semester by the Graduate Education Advisor. Returning students should register online via VitNet. Courses with less than a minimum of 10 students registered are subject to cancellation.
States where Viterbo is authorized to provide online instruction.
Wisconsin Contact Information:
Susan Hughes, Program Specialist and Wisconsin Student Advisor, for program information or application questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-796-3394
Iowa Contact Information:
Michael Gonzalez, Director, Partnership Development and Site Coordinator, 4949 Westown Prkwy Suite 195, West Des Moines, IA 50266 Phone: 515-224-4811 or 1-888-235-2200 Email: email@example.com
Carol Page, Iowa Educational Leadership Program Specialist/Iowa Student Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-224-4811 or 1-888-235-2200