All students interested in the Honors Program at Viterbo University must be admitted to the university prior to consideration. Acceptance into the program is ongoing.
Honors students are selected among applicants who:
- Demonstrate exceptional motivation and a commitment to academic excellence.
- Have a high school G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher.
- Score a minimum composite of 26 on the ACT or 1200 on the SAT.
- Demonstrate strong leadership potential and/or experience.
Please include the following with your application:
- A brief writing sample of at least two pages, double-spaced. Your essay should respond to the following questions:
- What can you bring to the honors program?
- What do you hope to achieve as a member of the program?
- A reference letter from a teacher or counselor at your high school. This letter should include an explanation of the following:
- How this student will contribute to the Viterbo honors program mission and goals,
- The student's experience, demonstration, or ability to work collaboratively with others, as part of an effective team.
You can attach your document to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name in the subject line. If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth Marzoni, Director of the Honors Program or Colin Burns-Gilbert, Coordinator in the Honors Program at email@example.com or 608-796-3480.