An Assistance Program for Local Schools
The Arts for All program was developed by Viterbo University in an effort to assist economically disadvantaged children and make the arts more accessible to local children. It is Viterbo’s goal to make sure that every child has the opportunity to experience the arts, regardless of their economic background.
With the Arts for All assistance program, schools may apply for a reduction in ticket cost based on their school’s percentage of free or reduced lunches. For example, if 50% of the students at your school qualify for free and reduced lunches, then your school may apply for up to a 50% discount on the price of your tickets.
During the 2018–19 academic year, Viterbo was able to assist over 4,500 students, totaling over $10,900 through the AFA program. Since the start of this program in 2003, Viterbo has helped 52,842 students, totaling $126,244.
To view this season's application, see below
** Please note: this application is a fillable Adobe PDF.
- Application deadline is Wednesday, October 2, 2019 at 4 pm. All applications must be submitted online.
- Wisconsin public school teachers, use this link to locate your Free and Reduced Lunch Percentage: WI DPI Free and Reduced Lunch Data 2018-19
- Minnesota public school teachers, use this link to locate your school's Free and Reduced Lunch Percentage: MN Public Schools Free and Reduced Lunch Data 2018-19
- Teachers must have made preliminary reservations prior to submitting this application and must attach a copy of the confirmation invoice they received via email from the Arts for Young America office.
- Each grade level per school may apply for up to two (2) performances. If multiple grade levels are coming to the same performance, please use one application for that whole group. Please discuss the application(s) with your colleagues prior to submission. Note that if you are applying as part of a multi-grade group, that application counts in the total number received for each of those grade levels.
- If a grade level submits more than one application, teachers must rank the applications in priority order on the application form. If no rank is given, the applications will be reviewed at random for each grade level. If more than two applications are received from a grade level, the additional applications will only be considered for funding once all other applications have been reviewed, and pending available funds.
- A minimum of 10 students must attend the performance for which you are applying (this excludes teachers and other chaperones). Awards only apply to the number of student tickets.
- Applications whose request (based on their school’s free/reduced lunch percentage) is less than $50 will receive an award of $50, depending on the quality of the application.
- Teachers will receive a notification email when their application(s) is received in our office.
- Applications received after the deadline will be considered after applications that were submitted before the deadline, pending available funds.
The Review Process
- All applications will be reviewed by a panel which will include representation from Viterbo University and representatives from other awarding organizations at the discretion of Viterbo University. Awards will be distributed until funds are depleted.
- Following the review meeting, teachers will receive notification as to whether or not they received funding. Revised invoices reflecting the new amount due and due date will be issued once funding has been determined.
- Funding may be awarded at a level less than the original request. The review committee reserves the right to weigh additional information in their decision making process. The award for late applications, if accepted, will be reduced.
The number of applications received increases significantly each year, making the review process very competitive. Please make sure you answer the narrative questions thoroughly and complete the application form correctly.
Please review these narratives which accompanied successfully funded applications from previous years.
To receive further information the Arts for All program, contact 608-796-3735 or email@example.com.