Emergency Response Plan

  Viterbo University is closed today. All classes are cancelled and only essential personnel are required to report to work.  

emergency response plan emergency plan highlighter

Alcohol or Drug Intoxication or Overdose

    1. If you are concerned about a person’s safety following the consumption and/or ingestion of alcohol or drugs, call 911 and/or take the person to a hospital emergency room.
    2. Call Campus Safety at 3911 if using a Viterbo phone; 608-796-3911 or 608-780-1582 if using a non-Viterbo phone.
    3.  Turn the person on his/her side. Don't leave him/her unattended to “sleep it off.”
    4. Walk or drive an intoxicated person(s) home. Make certain he/she is safe INSIDE once home. Do not let an intoxicated person go outside alone; do not leave an intoxicated person alone outside.  
    5. In cases of drug or alcohol overdose, the primary concern of the university is the person’s safety, not punishment or prosecution.