Conduct a practice interview from your own home using a webcam. Use your Viterbo student email address to create your account and access the software; then choose Interview Prep. Select interviewer and questions. Record your answers and view results. Review sample interview questions and coaching tips.
- Focus your energy toward the employer and remember the non-verbals: a good strong handshake and body language.
- The eyes have it! Look at the employer when you speak and listen.
- Be aware of fidgeting. Watch for nervous habits.
- Plan well ahead. Get your materials in order and do your research.
- Practice!! Set up a mock interview with a career counselor.
- Arrive at the interview early.
- Be yourself during the interview and be honest.
- Ask questions. Prepare your list and bring it to the interview.
- Remember to dress for the interview, not the job.
- Bring extra copies of your resume and reference list.
- Keep your answers concise and on track. Don't fall into a rambling trap.
- Give your own views, not what you think you are expected to say.
- Be enthusiastic, but don't oversell yourself. Express genuine interest in the job and the organization.
- Ask yourself the following questions: Can I do the job? Do I have a good work ethic? How interested am I in this kind of work? Will I fit into the company? Why do I want to work for this company?