Health Science Scholarship
Statement of Purpose
Viterbo University in La Crosse, Wis., is offering a four-year, full-tuition scholarship, currently valued at approximately $95,000, to a deserving student intending to pursue a career in a health science area such as the careers listed below. A total of $191,000 will be awarded among other finalists in the competition. All students chosen for the Health Science Competition (28 total) will receive a minimum of a $2,000 scholarship (over four years) in addition to their academic scholarship.
Criteria for Application
- Applicant must be interested pursuing an undergraduate major that prepares them for health related professional programs including, but not limited to:
- Chiropractic Medicine
- Medical Research (Biology, Chemistry)
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
Note: Those interested in nursing careers should apply for the Nightingale Nursing Scholarship
- Applicant must be a high school senior and graduate in spring 2016.
- Applicant must have a composite score of at least 24 on the ACT or 1650 on the SAT.
- The four-year, full-tuition winner will not be eligible to receive other Viterbo University scholarship awards.
- After all the applications have been received, the top 28 applicants will be invited to Viterbo to compete on Feb. 12, 2016. Selected participants must be present on this day in order to compete.
- The award ceremony will be held at the end of the competition. The winner must be present to receive the award. If the winner is not present, the first runner-up will become the health science scholar.
- The competition will be evaluated based on the following:
- ACT/SAT score
- high school GPA
- letters of recommendation
- extra curricular activities
- statement of career goals
- events on the day of the competition (exam and interviews).
Applicants are required to complete the application in its entirety. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. For complete instructions and criteria, see the Health Science Scholarship Application
- January 20, 2016: Postmark Deadline
- February 2, 2016: Notification of eligibility to compete
- February 12, 2016: On-campus competition
The on-campus competition on Feb. 12 will last most of the day, so plan accordingly.
Your essay and recommendation letters can be sent via email to email@example.com or faxed to 608-796-3020 • 608-796-3020. You may also mail your essay, scores, transcripts, and recommendation letters to:
900 Viterbo Drive
La Crosse, WI 54601
If you have any questions or concerns, call 608-796-3010 • 608-796-3010 or 1-800-VITERBO • 1-800-VITERBO or email firstname.lastname@example.org.