Sociological Imagination publishes articles and note-length manuscripts on issues pertaining to all areas of sociological research, teaching, and practice. We also encourage submission of review essays on theoretical, methodological, and substantive topics, as well as reviews of books and films that are of interest to sociologists.
Initial Submission of Papers
* Please submit four copies of all materials, including an abstract of 50-75 words to Carol Miller (Editor), Department of Sociology and Archaeology, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, La Crosse, WI 54601.
* To ensure anonymity in the review process, authors' names and other identifying information should be placed on a separate title page that includes authors' institutional affiliation and address. Authors should remove other identifying information from the text.
* Copies must be printed on one side only on 8 1/2 x 11 inch white paper. Papers should be double spaced, including references, quotations, and tabular material, with at least one-inch margins on all four sides.
* The format for papers (including references, quotations, and tabular material) should follow that of the American Sociological Review. SI will review papers submitted in other styles but final acceptance is contingent upon conforming to ASR style. Figures and graphs in accepted manuscripts must be submitted in camera-ready quality.
* Tables and figures (illustrations and graphs) should be placed at the end of the manuscript following the references. Each table/figure should be typed on a separate page with brief descriptive titles. Placement in the text should be indicated by a phrase, such as "Insert Table 1 about here," set off from the rest of the text.
* All submissions will be first reviewed by the Editors for general relevance. Papers that obviously do not meet minimum journal standards will be returned to the authors. Otherwise, copies will not be returned.
* Papers will then be forwarded for anonymous review by two or three referees, with written evaluations submitted to the Editor for eventual return to authors.
* Papers accepted for publication are subject to stylistic editing.
* Authors of accepted papers will receive two free copies of the journal issue in which their paper appears. Additional copies may be purchased at cost.
Inquiries concerning editorial matters should be addressed to the Editor, Carol Miller (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) Department of Sociology and Archaeology, University of Wisconsin - La Crosse, La Crosse, WI 54601. Phone 608-785f-6777 (Carol Miller) or fax 608-785-8486. Inquiries concerning book and film reviews should be addressed to the Book Editor, Wava Haney, Department of Sociology, University of Wisconsin-Richland, Richland Center, WI 53581-1399. Phone 608-647-6186. Inquiries concerning subscription matters or membership in the Wisconsin Sociological Association should be addressed to the Treasurer, Jana Dahmen, Department of Sociology, Social Work and Criminal Justice, Viterbo University, 815 S. 9th Street, La Crosse, WI 54601. Phone 608-796-3723.