Upon Completion of Coursework:
- Contact the program specialist to ensure that all required courses have been completed and posted to transcripts
- Submit the completed Application for Certificate to the program specialist; this initiates a degree audit
- Provide evidence that a passing score was earned on the Wisconsin Foundation of Reading Test
- Earn a passing score on the ePortfolio end of program assessment
- Monitor your email account(s) for communication from Viterbo
- Your program specialist will notify you when you are cleared to apply for your DPI license
Department of Public Instruction Requirements for Applying for Licensure:
Prior to applying for the Reading Teacher 316 License, candidates must have successfully completed the following:
- Viterbo University required Reading Specialist coursework (see completion steps above)
- Wisconsin Foundations of Reading Test
- ePortfolio end of program assessment
- A minimum of two years of successful, non-substitute classroom teaching experience is required for state licensure. (Students may apply to the program and begin coursework prior to fulfilling this requirement.)
- Applicants must apply for all educator licenses online at the Department of Public Instruction ELO website.
Graduate Tuition: $365 per credit (plus $10 per credit resource fee) for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Financial Aid Information: contact the Financial Aid Office.
Apply to the Reading 316 Program: click on the "Apply Now" tab on the left of this page. All students who intend to register for courses must complete the application process prior to registering for courses.
Register for Courses: Returning students will register via Viterbo's online course registration system, VitNet. New students will be registered for their first semester by Viterbo staff. Contact Karen Sandblom with questions. Courses with less than a minimum of 10 students registered are at risk of cancellation.
For questions regarding the Reading Teacher 316 program, contact Jeannette Armstrong or Linda Hinkley.
Wisconsin Graduate Education Office