Reading Teacher License 316
Viterbo University's School of Education prepares educators who are grounded in Franciscan values and possess the knowledge and skills to be reflective decision makers for the 21st century.
The Wisconsin Reading Teacher 1316 Program prepares teachers to be the literacy leaders of the future. Teachers will strengthen their instructional practices, improve student achievement, and share their expertise with others. The blended Reading Teacher 1316 License consists of 19 total credits. Financial aid is available for certain locations.
In addition to offering courses at various locations across the state, Viterbo University can bring classes to teachers where they live and work, with flexible scheduling that meets the demands of their active lives. Inquiry about the possibility of bringing Viterbo directly to your district.
- 15 credits could transfer directly into the Master of Arts in Education degree program, equating to 50% of the required credits for the Master of Arts in Education degree.
- Up to 6 credits can be waived for comparable Reading 1316 coursework that has been completed at a regionally accredited institution within the last 7 years.
- Coursework is presented in a convenient blended format, allowing for the flexibility of online instruction to be combined with engaging face-to-face interaction.
- Financial-aid is possible for students who attend classes at the following locations: La Crosse, Milwaukee, Middleton, Green Bay, and Tomahawk.
- School district locations (non-financial aid eligible) currently include: Shawano, D.C. Everest, New London, Richland Center, Howard-Suamico, Whitehall, and Turtle Lake.
Contact us to learn more about brining the Reading Teacher 1316 program to your district.
Current Graduate Tuition: $340 per credit for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Financial Aid Information: please contact the Financial Aid Office.
To apply: click on the "Apply Now" tab on the left of this page. All students who intend to register for courses must complete the application process prior to registering for courses.
Register for Courses: Returning students will register via Viterbo's online course registration system, VitNet. New students must complete one Course Registration Form for the first course and return to Linda Hinkley at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding the Reading Teacher 1316 program, please contact Jeannette Armstrong or Chris Valenti.
Off Campus Coordinator