Department of Public Instruction Requirements
Prior to applying for the Reading Specialist 17 License, applicants must have successfully completed the following:
- Reading Teacher (316) License
- Master of Arts in Education
- Viterbo University required coursework
- Wisconsin Foundations of Reading Test
- A minimum of three years of successful, non-substitute classroom teaching experience is required for state licensure. (Students may apply to the program and begin coursework prior to fulfilling this requirement.)
Applicants must apply for all educator licenses online at the Department of Public Instruction ELO website.
Current Graduate Tuition: $355 per credit for the 2016-2017 academic year
Apply to the Reading Specialist program: click on the "Apply Now" tab on the left of this page.
Register for Courses: Call 1-800-234-8721 to register for courses. It is recommended that educators register for all courses a minimum of 10 days in advance.
For questions regarding the Reading Specialist program, please contact Jeannette Armstrong or Andrea Pelloquin.