WI Principal 51
Wisconsin Principal License #51
Viterbo University's School of Education prepares educators who are grounded in Franciscan values and possess the knowledge and skills to be reflective decision makers for the 21st century.
Viterbo University's Administrative Program is aligned with the WI Content Guidelines (WCG).
The Viterbo Principal Licensure program can be taken as the elective part of your master's degree. This then is a 12-course, 36-credit program (all program courses are three-credit courses). There are eight courses that make up the licensure part of the program and the master's degree part which consists of these courses, EDUC 601 Research I, EDUC 602 Research II, EDUC 604 Proseminar and EDUC 608 Art of Leadership.
If you already have a master's degree then to obtain your principal license (DPI #51) requires the completion of eight courses, 24 credits.
Courses are offered during the school year and during the summer. A summer course meets typically Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Courses offered during the school year are offered using a blended approach, partially face-to-face (three Saturdays from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.) and partially online. The online portion is asynchronous, in other words, at least two weeks prior to the face-to-face Saturday meeting you will receive instructions as to what is to be completed before the face-to-face meeting.
In order to be accepted into the program, complete the following:
- Completed online application with all uploads
- Provide the University with your original transcripts from degree-granting institutions
- One letter of recommendation from your administrator
- A copy of your teacher and/or administrator license
- In addition, there is a professional writing reflection if you do not have a master's degree at the time of your application to this program.
Viterbo presently has six cohort sites for its Educational Leadership program in:
- La Crosse
- La Crosse Diocese for Catholic educators (NEW summer 2018)
- Eau Claire
- Green Bay
- Tomahawk (alternate years - next start May 2019)
- West Allis
Current graduate tuition 2018-19: $380 per credit (Please check the Business Office webpage for more information.)
For additional information on this license, contact:
- Scott Mihalovic
Educational Leadership Program Specialist