WI Cross-categorical Special Education 801
Viterbo University's School of Education prepares educators who are grounded in Franciscan values and possess the knowledge and skills to be reflective decision makers for the 21st century.
The Viterbo University Cross-Categorical Special Education License #801 is offered entirely online and consists of a minimum of 19 total credits. The program is designed for educators who already possess a Wisconsin teaching license. Educators who do not have a Wisconsin teaching license should refer to the program offerings in the Post-baccalaurate program.
Download the Cross-Categorical Program Brochure
Join us for a free webinar about the Cross-Categorical Special Education Program
Tuesday, October 24 at 4:00 p.m.
Learn about the program structure, admission requirements, timelines, and more.
Click HERE to register.
Viterbo's unique online Cross-categorical program prepares teachers to strengthen their instructional practices, increase achievement for all students, and become educational leaders of the future. As a component of the Cross-Categorical Special Education License, educators will select an area of emphasis within their coursework. Educators will have the option of selecting one of the following emphasis areas:
- Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD #811)
- Intellectual Disabilities (ID #810)
- Emotional Behavioral Disabilities (EBD #830).
All students who complete the special education Cross-Categorical teaching license at Viterbo University will obtain the following outcomes:
- Develop pedagogical skills and instructional expertise in their area of emphasis
- Develop communication, collaboratio, and intervention skills to accomplish their work
- Develop professional dispositions of inquiry, collaboration, problem-solving, advocacy and continuous improvement
- Develop, implement, and interpret accountability and outcome-based systems using assessment data
- Connect theory, practice, and research to inform educational decisions and foster inclusive learning environments that support diverse learners
Viterbo University's online program can bring classes to teachers where they live and work, with flexible scheduling that meets the demands of their active lives.
Financial aid is available for this program.
Apply to the program to earn your Cross-Categorical (Cross-Cat) Special Education license, or take individual courses to meet your professional development needs.
Current Graduate Tuition: $365 per credit (plus $10 per credit resource fee) for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Financial Aid Information: please contact the Financial Aid Office.
Apply to the Cross-Categorical program: click on the "Apply Now" tab on the left of this page. All students who intend to register for courses must complete the application prior to registering for courses.
Register for Courses: Returning students will register via Viterbo's online course registration system, VitNet. New students will be assisted with registration for their first term by Andrea Pelloquin.
For questions regarding the Cross-Categorical program, please contact Carol Hines or Andrea Pelloquin.