Paid Student Programming Assistants
VU After Dark hires two student programming assistants to share the responsibilities of planning and executing VU After Dark events during the academic year. These students report to the Director of Campus Activities and Orientation. The VU After Dark Programming Assistants assist with entertainment, social, and recreational programs that take place on Friday and Saturday nights at 9 p.m. during the academic year. These two students split the responsibility.
A full job description can be found here: VU After Dark Programming Assistant Job Description
VU After Dark is currently hiring for the 2016-2017 academic year (August - May). Student Programming Assistants generally serve within a two semester contract. The employee's preference will be discussed during the interview, but the program will consider employee's terms based on the needs of the program. Applications are due Friday, March 18 at 12 p.m. and can be found on the "Programming Assistant Application" tab on the left side of the screen.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the planning, promotion, and facilitation of weekend late-night programs.
- Provide on-site supervision of events to oversee facilities use, arrangements, admission receipts, compliance with policies, and to assist in problem resolution.
- Assist with the coordination of volunteers for weekend late night programs.
- Contact and follow up with outside vendors and performers when needed.
- Assist in the coordination of setup and teardown of events.
- Communicate with VU After Dark staff before, during, and after the event.
- Complete all necessary pre-event and post-event paperwork including program evaluation.
- Meet regularly with supervisor to confirm event details and programmer goals.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Must be a full-time Viterbo University student with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75. Must be willing to work on weekdays and weekends during daytime, evening, and late night hours.
Hours of Employment and Dates of Obligation
- 10 hours per week, which may be evening, night, and/or weekend hours when class is in session.
- May require occasional work during breaks (i.e., fall break, Thanksgiving break, semester break, spring break, Easter break, etc.). Schedule will be arranged with supervisor.
- Training and planning sessions during January/August and finals week of each semester employed.
- Conference attendance at the regional NACA conference in April if employed in spring semester.
$10.00/hour which equals $1,600 per semester
Fore more information, please contact the Director of Campus Activities and Orientation by emailing email@example.com or by calling 608-796-3807.