Welcome to Viterbo University's Undergraduate Research website! We hope the resources and information presented here are helpful to you in your quest to learn more about the undergraduate scholarly culture at Viterbo. The three links below will connect you to more information about our three primary undergraduate research initiatives.
- Scholars' Day is a university-wide celebration of Viterbo student achievement across academic disciplines. Thanks to everyone who made this year's event possible! Next year's Scholars' Day is slated for Friday, April 25, 2014.
- Seven Rivers Undergraduate Research Symposium is a premier regional conference on undergraduate research and creative inquiry. Next year's event is slated for Friday, November 8, 2013.
- Summer Research Fellowship Program is an initiative that supports faculty-student collaborative research and creative projects during the summer. Congratulations to the 40 students involved in this summer's program! A list of important dates can be found at left; guidelines for the mid-term and final reports will be posted in late May.
|Congratulations to the 27 Viterbo students who presented
their research at this year's
National Conference on Undergraduate
Research (NCUR) at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, April 11-13!
Please click here for a complete List of Viterbo Student Presentations Titles.
In addition to providing information about the above-mentioned initiatives, this page also contains the following:
- Resources for students, including tips on identifying faculty mentors, applying for research positions, and writing a research proposal.
- Resources for faculty, including research ethics links and mentoring resources.
- Student Spotlights with interviews and conversations with student researchers
- Information and links to research experiences for undergraduates (REUs) outside Viterbo University.
- Forms and applications related to summer research, conference funding, and Viterbo's Online Research Collection (see left sidebar).
Enjoy perusing our site and exploring how Viterbo facilitates student involvement in multidisciplinary research while simultaneously supporting faculty mentorship and research interests.