Welcome to Viterbo University's Undergraduate Research website! We hope the resources and information presented here are helpful to you in your quest to learn more about the undergraduate scholarly culture at Viterbo. The three links below will connect you to more information about our three primary undergraduate research initiatives.
- Scholars' Day is a university-wide celebration of Viterbo student achievement across academic disciplines. Scholars' Day 2014 is slated for Friday, April 25, 2014 - be sure to save the date!
- Seven Rivers Undergraduate Research Symposium is a premier regional conference on undergraduate research and creative inquiry. Thanks to the 300+ faculty, staff, and students who attended this year's event! Information about Seven Rivers 2014 will be posted here in January 2014.
- Summer Research Fellowship Program is an initiative that supports faculty-student collaborative research and creative projects during the summer. 2014 Summer Research Fellowship applications are now available! Please click the link above for more information.
In addition to providing information about the above-mentioned initiatives, this page also contains the following:
- Resources for students, including tips on identifying faculty mentors, applying for research positions, and writing a research proposal.
- Resources for faculty, including research ethics links and mentoring resources.
- Student Spotlights with interviews and conversations with student researchers
- Information and links to research experiences for undergraduates (REUs) outside Viterbo University.
- Forms and applications related to summer research, conference funding, and Viterbo's Online Research Collection (see left sidebar).
Enjoy perusing our site and exploring how Viterbo facilitates student involvement in multidisciplinary research while simultaneously supporting faculty mentorship and research interests.