As soon as the course schedule is available each semester the Program Coordinator will send out the link via email. Both the Registrar's Office and VitNet have course information. A registration date will be set for all Post Bac Students. As graduate students, they will be able to register first for all classes minus the SGPAE courses. Any registration for an SGPAE class will be held until the registration day and then turned in by the Program Coordinator.
Students enrolled in the Post Bac Program will be registered for summer and fall education classes by the program coordinator because registrations are due before orientation. Students will need to register themselves via VitNet for EDUP 559 Student Teaching 6-12 (8 cr) or EDUP 563 Student Teaching PK-12 (8 cr) and EDUP 582 Student Teaching Seminar (2 cr). Second licensures only need four credits of student teaching and do not need student teaching semimar. For all undergraduate content gap classes student must either stop by the Registrar's Office in MC204 or email the Program Coordinator with the course name, number, section, credit, and semester. They will register the students and clear the course on the student's data sheet. To check if a class is still open go to VitNet first before sending course information to the Program Coordinator. Students are required to double check VitNet each semester to ensure they are registered correctly.
To register for a class outside of Viterbo first obtain permission that the class will transfer and then register yourself as a non-degree seeking student. Complete the course earning a grade of C or higher and then have an original transcript sent to the Program Coordinator at the end of the semeser once grades are posted. The address for the transcript is: Viterbo University, ATN: Betty Pfaff, 900 Viterbo Dr., La Crosse, WI 54601. If the course is not offered at Viterbo University the semester it is needed than the student may apply for a Consortium Agreement through the Finanacial Aid Office and may obtain financial aid for the class if they meet the current requirements.
Students must drop any classes by Friday of the first week of classes to obtain a full refund. After the first week, refunds are given on a sliding scale.
What if I need to sit out a semester, but will return to complete the Post Bac Program?
If a student will not be taking any courses at Viterbo University during any given semester (fall, spring, summer), but will return the next semester they will need to register themselves for NENR-000 via VitNet. No paper registrations will be accepted. By doing this a student can retain their VU email and all other account information so they won't have any problems registering for the following semester.
- Students are responsible for registering for this section if they need to stop out for a semester for any reason – i.e. family, medical, no course offerings to take, etc. ( We WILL NOT accept a paper registration form with this course section for registration. The student must indicate their desire to be on a leave via the registration of NENR-000 on VitNet.)
- Students must register for NENR-000 prior to the start of the subsequent semester, i.e. August 29 for 2011FA. The absolute last day registration can occur is Friday of the first week of classes, i.e. September 2 for 2011FA. A student not registering by the deadline will have the account deactivated per normal first of term procedures and must complete the reentry process.
- Students technology accounts will remain active. Students will also remain active on any advisor list.
- Students should not be registered for any courses and NENR-000.
- Students will be assigned registration times for the subsequent semester. Advisors will need to approve them to register. Students may register for a course for the subsequent term or for NENR-000 again.
- Students may register for a maximum of three continuous semesters of NENR-000 after which their account will be deactivated.
- The student will not be considered enrolled for any financial aid or loan deferment reason. The student will not be reported to the National Student Clearinghouse as enrolled.
- The NENR-000 course will not appear on a transcript. A grade of NR will be awarded to accommodate end of term processing.
- Student must complete a Withdrawl Form.
- This is for graduate students only.
Students re-entering (resuming coursework) the Post Bac Program will need to complete an application form and indicate that they previously were enrolled at Viterbo University. Once the student has checked that they have previously been enrolled at Viterbo University the form will switch to a re-entry form. The form will be processed, the student and their advisor will receive a confirmation letter, and then the student is cleared to register for classes.