New Scholarships for Students
The Sister Bernyne Stark Solidarity Scholarship – Two Viterbo alumnae have established an endowed scholarship in honor of Bernyne Stark, FSPA. The Sr. Bernyne Stark Solidarity Scholarship was created to assist students in covering the costs of intercultural travel experiences. The scholarship was named for Sr. Stark because of her commitment to global solidarity and the Franciscan spirit of Viterbo.
The Lynda L. Bahr Sweat Equity Scholarship – The Lynda L. Bahr Sweat Equity Scholarship was initiated to assist students enrolled for summer classes while working in either the housekeeping or grounds department at Viterbo. For many years Lynda Bahr supervised student employees in these physically demanding jobs and she taught her students to work hard and well. This scholarship has been created in appreciation of Bahr’s genuine caring and compassion for the students with whom she worked every day.
Other new endowed scholarships created since the publication of the last issue of Strides are listed below. For additional information on scholarships contact Jackie Breuer at 608-796-3078 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Jack Knothe Golf Scholarship was created by the Knothe family for a student athlete in the university’s new golf program.
- The Marv Friedewald Scholarship will provide funds to a Catholic student studying within the Dahl School of Business.
- The Richard Record Scholarship was established to help with recruiting male vocalists into music education and performance programs.
- The Dianna Myhre Nurse Practitioner Scholarship was created to assist a full or part-time degree seeking student in the Master of Science in Nursing program’s practitioner track.
- The Locher Family Nursing Scholarship will provide funds to a full-time nursing student entering his or her junior year.
- The Mary Milne Nursing Scholarship will assist a nursing student.
- The Sister Georgia Hammell Nursing Scholarship will assist a nursing student.
- The Margaret and Cornelius (Con) Hammell Nursing Scholarship will provide funds to a nursing student.
- The Janice Bahr Scholarship will provide funds to a science student.
- The Jack Havertape Scholarship was created to help a non-traditional student enrolled in traditional undergraduate programs.
- The Kimmet-Mobley Family Scholarship is designated for an undergraduate student.
- The Viterbo Class of 1966 Primary Education Scholarship was established for a junior or senior student majoring in primary education.