Viterbo's Sport Management & Leadership program has the following eight goals for its graduates:
- Socio-Cultural: Students will understand that sport is a microcosm of life, and that sport managers are influenced by cultural traditions, social values, and psychosocial experiences.
- Management and Leadership: Students will understand and appreciate various theories of management and leadership as they relate to the sport industry.
- Ethics: Students will be able to analyze ethical issues related to sport and develop a personal philosophy regarding social responsibility in the sport management setting.
- Marketing: Students will apply fundamental marketing concepts to the sport industry and understand the sport and leisure markets.
- Communication: Students will comprehend the principles internal and external communication relating to the sport and leisure industries.
- Budget and Finance: Students will comprehend the critical financing and budget components of the sport and leisure industries.
- Legal Environment. Students will understand legal concepts in as they relate to the sport management and leadership environment.
- Economics: Students understand how the sport and leisure industries fit into local, regional, and national economies.
- Governance: Students will understand the various agencies that govern sport, including their authority, organizational structure, and functions.