Mission, Vision, and Values
The School of Nursing prepares nursing and dietetics students for faithful service and ethical leadership as professionals who will advance high standards of practice.
Click here for the individual School of Nursing Program mission statements.
The School of Nursing will develop leaders whose competence, caring, and commitment to excellence will empower individuals and communities to achieve the highest level of health and well-being.
- We recognize and honor the dignity of our students and each other.
- We strive to interact with all persons in respectful and compassionate ways.
- We accept personal accountability for all we say and do.
- We strive to base our actions on ethical principles and Franciscan values.
- We are committed to pursuing excellence in the education of our students.
- We are committed to advocate for the health of all persons and for advancing the professions of nursing and dietetics.
- We are committed to professional development through the scholarly activities activities of our faculty and students.
- We recognize and celebrate our diversity and contribute our individual talents to our common work as scholars.
- We recognize that reflection is integral to learning and professional growth and that it is vital for advancing professional practice in nursing and dietetics.
- We encourage thoughtful reflection and discernment in ourselves and in our students.