Admission Policies and Procedures
Advancement in the Social Work Program
Professional advancement in the Social Work Program involves a three step process:
- Declare a social work major and be assigned a social work faculty advisor.
- Complete the Application for Admission to the Social Work Program. This typically occurs in the spring semester of the sophomore year.
- Complete the Application for Acceptance to Social Work Field Education Program. Deadline for application to Field Education is early in September of the senior year.
Admission to the Professional Social Work Program
The professional social work sequence of courses begins at the junior level. Students apply to the professional phase of the program by completing a formal application for admission typically in the spring of their sophomore year. The application is due Feb. 1 for admission to the professional phase courses (junior level) for the following fall. It is the applicants responsibility to assure a complete application by Feb.1. Only applications from change of major or transfer students will be accepted after Feb.1. The application is available online. Professional phase courses are sequential and students can only begin these courses in the fall semester.
Complete and submit the following online application forms:
- Application for Admission
- Applicant Signature Form
- Submit a Personal Statement following the guidelines in Part VII of the Application for Admission. Submit electronically as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interview required at the discretion of the admissions committee.
- Provide an example of academic writing. Submit electronically as an attachment to: email@example.com.