School of Fine Arts Mission Statement
The mission of the school of fine arts at Viterbo University is to prepare our students to be artists, creative and critical thinkers, successful scholars, active participants, and advocates for the fine arts through excellence in teaching and in production within the liberal arts framework.
By this we mean that:
- We believe that aesthetic sensitivity is a core value in the development of a whole, values-based person and of a liberal arts community.
- We will be producers and presenters of art, and sources of knowledge and inspiration about art for the university, greater La Crosse area, Coulee region, and our state.
- We will create an interdisciplinary, intercultural, catholic and ecumenical community that fosters creativity, collaboration and open discussion, and that encourages the exploration of the values of human dignity and respect for the world through the arts.
- We will teach each student the creative concepts and skills associated with his or her individual arts discipline and the use of the technical tools essential for success in each discipline.
- We will offer enrichment, information, education and leadership to all those served by fine arts by enlivening the cultural climate, forming community partnerships and providing quality resources and outreach opportunities for the campus and community.