School of Performing Arts
Welcome to the School of Performing Arts!
Over a century ago, the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration recognized the importance of the arts when they began teaching young music students in the La Crosse area. The centrality of the arts continues to guide educational directions at Viterbo through liberal arts and professional training programs, Artistic Awareness in the core curriculum, and serving as a vital center for the arts in the La Crosse region. Our mission is to prepare our students to be artists, creative and critical thinkers, successful scholars, active participants, and advocates for the arts through excellence in teaching and in production within the liberal arts framework.
Performing Arts Programs at Viterbo
- Majors and minors in arts administration, dance, music education, music performance, music theatre, theatre and theatre education.
- Professional training within a liberal arts core curriculum.
- Dedicated artist-faculty.
- Small classes and personalized attention.
- First-rate studio, rehearsal, performance, and design/tech facilities.
- Collaborative partnership for the Weber Center for the Performing Arts.
- A variety of creative-performing opportunities for students.
- National and international visiting artists.
- Talent and academic scholarships.
- Alumni accepted into prestigious graduate programs.
For more information, contact:
Tom Knothe, J.D.