Mission, Vision, and Values
The School of Nursing prepares nursing students for faithful service and ethical leadership as professionals who will advance high standards of practice.
The School of Nursing will develop leaders whose competence, caring, and commitment to excellence will empower individuals and communities to achieve their highest level of health and well-being.
- We recognize and honor the God-given dignity of our students and all persons.
- We strive to interact with all persons in respectful and compassionate ways.
- We accept personal accountability for all we say and do.
- We strive to base our actions on ethical principles and Franciscan values.*
- We are committed to pursuing excellence in the education of our students.
- We are committed to advocate for social justice and the health of all persons while advancing the profession of nursing.
- We are committed to professional development through the scholarly activities of our faculty and students.
- We recognize and celebrate our diversity and contribute our individual talents to our common work as scholars.
- We value our inter- and intraprofessional partners and strive to identify ways to collaborate in creating opportunities for learning/working together.
- We recognize that reflection is integral to learning and professional growth and that it is vital for advancing nursing practice.
- We encourage thoughtful reflection and discernment in ourselves and in our students.
*Ethical principles include autonomy, beneficence, non-maleficence, justice, and veracity.
*Values include contemplation, hospitality, stewardship, integrity, and service.