Things To Do On Campus
The Student Union is a great place for meeting friends and socializing. Students can grab a snack at Crossroads Cafe, a convenient fast food grill; and check for packages from home. The Student Union is home to the campus bookstore, Marian Hall Dining Room, catering services, Crossroads Cafe, lounge, and mailboxes. An ATM and laundry card machine is also provided for your convenience. Desk Assistants who staff the information and reception desk in the Student Union are a great resource for your questions about the campus and community.
Campus Bookstore Hours
Academic Year: Monday–Thursday 8:30 p.m.–5 p.m.; Friday 8:30 a.m.–3 p.m.; Select Saturdays
Summer: Monday–Friday 8:30 a.m.–3 p.m.
The Hawks Nest is a great place for students to relax, play games, or watch TV on a big screen TV. The Hawk's Nest is a student lounge located in Marian Hall where students can play ping pong, foosball, pool, or check their email.
Varsity Athletics Center (VAC)
This center includes two regulation-size basketball courts, locker rooms, a training room, weight room, racquetball courts, and gymnasium—the official home court of Viterbo University’s men's and women's basketball and women's volleyball. The gym seats about 1,620 people.
This $7.5 million facility is designed to promote the physical, intellectual, and social well-being of Viterbo students and area youth. The building features three collegiate-size gymnasiums, a cardiovascular fitness room, a 1/8 mile walking and jogging track, and a free weight strength center. The Mathy Center is a collaborative project between Viterbo University and the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater La Crosse, the first of its kind in the nation.
V-Hawk Outdoor Athletics Complex
Located just off Highway 16 at the base of rolling bluffs, the Outdoor Athletics Complex is home to a variety of V-Hawk sports including men’s and women’s soccer, men’s baseball, and women’s softball. The Outdoor Athletics Complex includes one of the finest baseball fields in the Midwest, outstanding soccer and softball fields and a large practice area.
VU After Dark is a series of events that are held every Friday and Saturday night at 9 p.m. during the academic school year. VU After Dark events are free to all students and most of them are on-campus. Events include: movies, Bingo, comedians, dances, casino night, hypnotist, game shows, open mic night, video game tournaments, and karaoke. VU After Dark events guarantee there will always be something to do on the weekends on campus.
There are more than 30 active student clubs and organizations on campus, which means there are plenty of activities to choose from. Joining a club or organization is a great way to meet new people, develop leadership and team skills, learn new things, and have fun. Get involved in campus life at Viterbo:
- Academic Clubs: Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE), Psychology, Education, BioChem/Environmental, Social Work, Spanish, English, Computer Information Systems (CIS), Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society (Tri-Beta), and Criminal Justice/Sociology.
- Wellness Clubs: Connect Club, Dance Team, Viterbo Student Nurses Association (VSNA), Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), Student Dietetics Association (SDA), Canoe Club, V-Hawk Cheer Squad, and Outdoor Adventures Club (OAC).
- Government/Associations: Student Government Association, Resident Hall Council, and Student Activities Board.
- Student Committees: Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse, Dining Service Committee, and Incident Review Panel.
- Cultural Organizations: Global Rhythms International Club and Student Theater Arts Representatives (STAR).
- Spiritual Organizations: Praise & Worship, Theo Thursday (T2), Taize Prayer, Campus Ministry, Franciscan Friends, and Service Trips.
- Creative Arts and Writing: Lumen Student Newspaper and Touchstone Literary Journal.
- Other: Voyagers Campus Tour Guides, Tutoring, Leave Your Neighborhood Changed (LYNC), MugShots Coffee House, College Democrats, Student Alumni Association, and Orientation Leaders.
Whether it is participating in intramurals, attending plays, concerts, art gallery showings, or one of the many student-sponsored activities there are a lot of activities to choose for things to do.
- Spiritual: St. Francis Day, Taize Prayer, Daily Mass, Interdenominational Worship, Service Trips and Busy Student Retreats, and Theo Thursday.
- Wellness Activities: Alcohol Awareness Week, Wellness Week, Finals Week Massages, and Health Fair.
- Varsity Athletics: Men’s and Women’s Soccer; Men’s and Women’s Golf; Men’s and Women’s Basketball; Women’s Softball; Women's Volleyball; and Men's Baseball.
- Intramurals: Bowling, 3-on-3 Women’s Basketball, 4-on-4 Men’s Basketball, Co-ed Competitive Volleyball, Co-ed Recreational Volleyball, Softball, Dodgeball, Indoor Soccer, Floor Hockey, Flag Football, and Athletic Tournaments.
- Social Activities: Safe Trick-or-Treat in Residence Halls, President’s Christmas Dinner, Finals Week Evening Breakfast, Family Weekend, The Roommate Game, Homecoming, Open Mic Nights, Bowling Nights, Rivioli Movie Nights, Game Shows, Midnight Madness, Hypnotists, Comedians, Musicians, Little Sibs Weekend, Courtyard Carni, Club Fair, Improv Comedy, Casino Nights, Bingo, Movie Nights, Card Tournaments, Homecoming Dance, and Talent Show.
- Academics: Learning Skills/Career Workshops and Ethics and Leadership Lectures.
- Service: Volunteer Fair, Service Trips, Franciscan Friends, and Place of Grace.
- Theatre and Arts: Student Art Gallery, Platinum Edition Show Choir, Concert Choir, Women’s Choral, Plays, Musicals, One-Acts, Recitals, and Professional Tours.
- Other: ROTC, UW-L events, La Crosse Park and Recreation events, and more.