Early Move-In Policy
- Early move in requires a written request and show evidence of extraordinary circumstance and need for early move in.
- The student’s written request will be followed with written approval or denial of early move in by the director of residence life or designee.
- Requests for early move in are rarely approved. Early arrival is not permitted earlier than 7 days before the start of the semester (unless it has been previously arranged through a Viterbo employee as a part of a class, team, or performance).
- Students will be billed $30 for each day stayed prior to the move in date (for students of similar class standing). The total amount will be billed to the student’s account during the first week of classes. Students with permanent addresses of 1000 miles or further from campus will not be charged, as long as they follow the process as written in this policy.
- Students will be charged an additional $50 fee if the written request is not submitted by the stated deadline.
- Students who arrive to move in without 48 business hours prior written notice will be charged a one-time $100 penalty in addition to the $30/day fee.
- Unauthorized early arrivals may be asked to leave and face disciplinary action.