Minute to Win It
VU After Dark and Rec Sports are collaborating to bring Minute to Win It to campus on Friday, September 14. The event will begin at 9 p.m. in the Varsity Athletic Center (VAC). There will be plenty of fun and prizes available. Stop by on Friday to check it it out.
List of Minute to Win It games to be played in 2012.
1. Ping Tac Toe:
- When the clock starts, player may grab and bounce 1 ping-pong ball at a time.
- Player may only use 1 designated hand to bounce the ping-pong balls.
- To complete the game, the player must get 3 balls in a line in any direction within the 60-second time limit.
- Player holds stack of 8 plastic cups in 1 hand.
- When clock starts, player may bounce a ping-pong ball on floor and into first cup.
- To successfully complete game, player will bounce ping-pong ball into cup, then stack new cup on top and bounce another ping-pong ball into it until all cups contain a ping-pong ball.
3. Caddy Stack
- When the clock starts, player may grab balls and attempt to stack them.
- To complete the game, 3 golf balls must be stacked free standing 1 atop the other within the 60-second time limit, and must remain freestanding for 3 seconds.
4. Noodling Around
- Player must hold a spaghetti noodle with the mouth while picking up and holding six pieces of penne with it, so that they remain concurrently on the spaghetti noodle within the allotted 60-second time limit and remain that way for three consecutive seconds.
5. A Bit Dicey
- Prior to game start, player places a single popsicle stick in his/her mouth.
- When the clock starts, player will pick up and vertically stack one die at a
time on the stick.
- Player may not allow dice to rest against their nose or to touch any part of
- In the event that a die is dropped or falls off of the stick, player may take
a replacement die off of the podium and use it in its place.
- To complete the game, 6 dice must be stacked one on top of the other on the
popsicle stick within the 60-second time limit.
6. Sharp Shooter
- Place each Ace card in mouth of clothespin and set upright on table.
- Foul line is 8 feet from table.
- When clock starts, player can shoot 1 rubber band at a time at cards.
- To successfully complete game, player shoots rubber bands to knock all Aces
7. Mega Bubble
- When the clock starts, player may grab bubble wand and begin blowing bubbles
from behind start line, 15' from hoop.
- Player may only use breath to propel bubble.
- Player may not touch the end hoop.
- To complete the game, an un-popped bubble must be created behind the foul
line, then blown through the end hoop within the 60-second time limit.
8. Stack Attack
- When the clock starts, the player may begin stacking cups into a pyramid shape.
- When the triangle is complete, with 1 cup at the top, 2 cups below it, and so on, the player may begin to get the cups into a single stack.
- To complete the game, the player must build a complete pyramid using all of the cups, then get all the cups back into a single stack within the 60-second time limit.
9. Back Flip
- Pencils are placed on playing surface in increments of 2, with all erasers facing the same direction.
- When the clock starts, player picks up first set of 2 pencils and places them on the back of his/her hand.
- Player must flip pencils into the air then catch them together. Player adds two more pencils with each turn, building to a final set of 12.
- Player cannot add the next set of 2 pencils until the previous set has been caught.
- To complete the game, player must catch sets of 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and finally 12 pencils in succession within the 60-second time limit.
10. Junk in the Trunk
- Fill the tissue box with ping-pong balls, then attach tissue box to the back of belt. Put on the belt with the tissue box sitting at the small of the back.
- When the clock starts, player may begin moving body to shake the ping-pong balls out.
- Player's hands or arms may not touch the box or belt.
- Player may only touch the floor with his or her feet.
- To complete the game, player must get all 8 ping-pong balls out of the box within the 60-second time limit.
- Place empty cans around the edge of a table.
- When the clock starts, player may begin moving the body to swing yo-yo.
- Player may not use hands, arms, feet, or legs to guide the string or
- To complete the game, player must remove all cans from the table using
only the yo-yo or yo-yo string within the 60-second time limit.
12. Spoon Frog
- Set up 3 glasses in a row.
- When the clock starts, player may begin arranging spoons and banging down
on them to propel them into the glass.
- Player must make a single motion, making contact with only 1 spoon when
catapulting the spoon into the glass.
- The spoon must land in the bottom of the glass to count.
- To complete the game, player must land 1 spoon into each of 3 glasses and
they must remain there concurrently within the 60-second time limit.
13. Johnny Applestack
- When the clock starts, player may begin stacking apples
- Player may not alter the apples in any way.
- To complete the game, player must stack 5 apples so they are
freestanding, 1 on top each other, within the 60-second time limit. They must
remain freestanding for 3 seconds.
14. Flip your Lid
- Prior to game start, place bottle 14 inches away from "flipping" edge.
- When clock starts, player places cup upside down on table, and attempts to flip it onto bottle so it lands upside down.
- To complete game, cup must remain upside down on bottle for 3 seconds within 60-second time limit.
Don't Blow the Joker
- Stack a deck of cards face down with a joker face up on the bottom
- Center this stack of cards on the mouth of a can of pop
- When the clock starts, player begins blowing cards off the top of the stack.
- Player may not touch the cards or bottle
- To complete the game, a player must blow all cards off the stack, leaving only the joker atop the can within the 60-second time limit and it must remain there for 3 seconds.
All of these games and more may be found on the NBC "Minute to Win It" website.