March 27-May 5
Researchers agree that being well versed in all exercise types can help improve overall health and prevent injury. This challenge is designed to give you experience in each dimension of fitness from flexibility to strength, and everywhere in between. Come prepared to try different exercise programs and have a great time maintaining good health through the challenges offered. Out move, out fun, and out play with us in Survivor Viterbo!
Weekly Exercise Dimensions
- Week One: Stretching and yoga
- Week Two: Muscular Endurance
- Week Three: Hypertrophy (Gain in muscle mass)
- Week Four: Strength
- Week Five: Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- Week Six: Nutrition
- Sign up for Survivor Viterbo Challenge will begin on Monday, March 20 and will continue until Friday, March 31 at 7 p.m.
- It is recommended that all participants sign up before Monday, March 31, however we welcome all participants, therefore there is no penalty for signing up late.
- Sign up will take place at the Mathy Center Welcome Desk or via interdepartmental mail. If signing up at the Mathy Center, participants will be asked to show their employee ID, give their preferred email address, and pay the entry fee of $5.
- If signing up using interdepartmental mail, please send back the bottom portion of the flyer sent to each employee with $5 to Rec Sports.
- Please note that additional fees will apply when joining a group fitness class at the Mathy Center if you do not already have a Group Fitness membership.
- Payment is not required upon sign up, but it must be paid before the end of the registration period (March 31). If you register after the registration period, payment must be made at the time of registration.
- Please note that the $5 registration fee does not include access to group fitness classes without a group fitness pass. Passes can be purchased at the Mathy Center for various packages:
- Noon Classes Only: $20
- All Class Pass: $30
- Individual Class Pass: $3
How to win
Two grand prizes will be raffled for this challenge. Prizes include:
- $50 gift card to Mt. Olympus theme park (for entry tickets)
- $50 gift card to The Waterfront Restaurant in La Crosse
Everyone who meets the minimum point requirements 100 points out of 150 will be entered in a raffle at the end of the program. Therefore, we recommend that you complete enough challenges to be entered to win a prize.
- Every week there will be a total of three challenges for you to complete.
- There will be two Mini Challenges worth 5 points and the Main Event worth 20 points. Along with the Main Event there will be a bonus of 5 points if you choose to complete it.
- Points are awarded for finishing each Mini Challenge or Main Event in its entirety – partial points are not allowed for partial completion.
- The minimum number of points earned to be entered for the raffle is 100 points, so make sure to keep track of your score.
- Each week runs from Monday at 12:01 a.m. until Sunday at 11:59 p.m.
- Logs must be turned in by the following Monday at 5 p.m. to get the points totaled.
- Mini challenges and the Main Events can be completed anywhere. Come to the Mathy Center, utilize the YMCA, or even get moving outside.
Keeping track of points
- Hours may be logged in one of two ways. When you begin the challenge, you will receive an email from Samantha, the Fitness/Wellness Intern (email@example.com) welcoming you to the challenge.
- Each week, Samantha will also send you a link to a Google Form and an Excel file to log your points, along with an explanation of the week and a fitness tidbit. You may choose to submit your minutes in either the Google Form, emailing your log to Samantha at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by printing the Excel file and bringing it into the Mathy Center. You do not need to complete all methods.
Rec Sports staff will record your total points for each week. However, it is recommended that participants keep track of their own points, as well.
Questions? Please direct all questions to Samantha at email@example.com.