Employee Wellness Wheel Challenge
What are the seven dimensions of wellness?
Although many think of wellness as just physical health, when in reality there are many components of overall wellness. There are seven different dimensions of wellness – intellectual, emotional, interpersonal, environmental, financial /occupational, spiritual, and physical wellness. The Wellness Wheel Challenge will incorporate all aspects of wellness and challenge employees to improve upon on these dimensions.
What is the Wellness Wheel Challenge?
Upon signing up, each participant will receive a wellness wheel and directions on how to complete it. Participants will see what areas of wellness need the most improvement in their lives and be able to work on them throughout the week.
Each week during the challenge will focus on two dimensions of wellness, aside from the last week focusing on just the physical dimension. There will be different activities to complete each week with specified point values. Complete as many activities to earn the most points and earn weekly prizes, as well as be entered into the grand prize raffle drawing! The weekly focus breakdown is as follows:
Week 1 (October 2nd-8th): Emotional and Spiritual
- Activities to earn points include: Journal daily St. Francis Week events, and attend mind-body fitness classes
Week 2 (October 9th-15th): Social and Environmental
- Activities to earn points include: Carpool to work, enjoy the outdoors, and organize a coffee/lunch date with coworkers
Week 3 (October 16th- 22nd): Intellectual and Financial
- Activities to earn point include: Track spending, attend financial workshop, and engage in daily trivia
Week 4 (October 23rd-31st): Physical
- Activities to earn point include: Track sleep, water, exercise, and sending healthy recipes
Weekly prizes will be distributed to the participant earning the most points. Every participant who enters the challenge will be entered into the grand prize raffle drawing which will be conducted at the end of the challenge.
Grand Prize: 2 Tickets to A Viterbo Christmas & $25 Gift card to Piggy’s Restaurant and Lounge
- Week 1: $25 Spa Gift Card
- Week 2: $25 Gift Card to JavaVino
- Week 3: The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- Week 4: Fitness Basket (Resistance Band with workout list, water bottle, healthy recipe list, etc.)
- Participants must sign up at the Mathy Center front desk
- Participants must be employees and pay entry fee of $5
Payment is not required at the time of sign up, HOWEVER payment MUST be received before they can be given their first prize