National Drunk & Drugged Driving Prevention Day
The National Association of Drug Court Professionals describes the time between Thanksgiving and New Year ’s Day as “One of the deadliest and most dangerous times on America’s roadways due to an increase in impaired driving.” If you have been drinking or are under the influence of drugs, do not operate a vehicle. Remember, you are committing the crime of impaired driving whenever your ability to operate a vehicle is impaired by effects of illegal drugs, prescription medication, over-the-counter medication, or a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.08 grams per deciliter or higher. If you are taking part in holiday gathering/parties that involve alcohol consumption, do not make the mistake of getting behind the wheel. It could cost you or someone else their life. This month we are all encouraged to drive sober, and defensively. In observance of this day, we are offering an alcohol-free Mocktail Party with activities that show the extent that alcohol/drugs can impair your hand-eye coordination during activities such as driving.
Date: December 1, 2018
Location: Hawk's Nest
Time: 3-5 p.m.
- Root Beer Pong
- Beer / Marijuana Goggles - Board games like operation, twister, etc. become much more difficult with impairments such as intoxication which will be simulated with beer and marijuana goggles.
- Trivia Board - Test your knowledge by answering questions on a facts and questions trivia board about drug and alcohol awareness.
- Eggnog - Served with nutmeg and cinnamon sticks. A lactose free version will also be available.
- Shirley Temple - Citrus soda with maraschino cherries and grenadine.
- The Grinch - A snack featuring a grape, banana, strawberry, and marshmallow all put together to look like the grinch.
- Pretzel Kisses - Hershey kisses melted on pretzels.
- Peppermint Popcorn