Reading Licensure Programs for Wisconsin
Assessment Portfolio Requirement
An Assessment Portfolio will be required for completion of the Viterbo University Reading Licensure program. The purpose of the portfolio is to 1) demonstrate professional growth, understanding, and application of course content, and 2) to demonstrate the impact of newly acquired knowledge, skills, and dispositions on PK-12 student learning.
You must complete your portfolio within six months of completing your coursework.
Organization of portfolio
||A table of contents
||A reflection using the Reflection Guide and Reflection Template followed by a detailed artifact description for each of the six required courses including all waived courses:
||EDUC 605 - Inclusion of Students with Special Needs
||EDUC 640 - Balanced Literacy in the Reading Program
||EDUC 580 - Children's & Adolescents' Literature in the Reading Program [Include your book log]
||EDUC 681 - Emergent Literacy PK–3
||EDUC 650 - Content Reading and Study Strategies
||EDUC 529 - Assessments and Treatment of Reading Difficulties and Practicum. [This section will be removed and permanently filed. Please include your entire case study.]
||A final reflection illustrating professional growth during the period between program commencement and completion. [Minimum 1 page]
How to apply for licensure
- Graduate Students must earn a C or better in all courses and have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better. Portfolio GPA
- Detailed and thoughtful reflections based on the guide will constitute the greatest portion of the portfolio score.
- Do not send binders. Submit sections bound by paper clasps.
- Please send your DPI application, fee, and stamped envelope addressed to the DPI with your portfolio. Also include your current email address.
Scoring and return policy of the assessment portfolio
- Only the reflection evaluations will be returned to students.
- A self-addressed stamped mailer must be provided for return of portfolio.
- Portfolios receiving a "0-minimal" in one or more categories must be resubmitted with corrections or completions.
Send completed portfolios to:
ATTN: Linda Hinkley
900 Viterbo Drive
La Crosse, WI 54601