- Ph.D. in Psychology, Capella University
- M.S. in Counselor Education – Community Counseling, Winona State University
- B.A. in Psychology, Winona State University
- Counselor Education Research Application: Innovative Learning
- Compassion Satisfaction and Fatigue: Caring for Aging Populations
- Examining Domestic and International Marital Values and Satisfaction
- Student Mental Health Awareness Baseline Survey
Recent Publications & Presentations
- Thorson-Olesen, S. J. (2012). Marital values and satisfaction: Considerations for domestic and international couples. (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from ProQuest database.
- Presenter at the Wisconsin Counseling Association Annual Conference. (2013). Compassionate conversations to promote quality of life. Madison, Wisconsin.
- Presenter at the Wisconsin Counseling Association Annual Conference. (2013). Resiliency care package. Madison, Wisconsin.
- Presenter at the National Institute for the Teaching of Psychology. (2015). The art of teaching psychology and managing student mental health. St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Presenter at the International Convention of Psychological Science. (2015). Domestic and international marital values and satisfaction. Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Presenter at the American Psychological Association National Convention. (2015). Caring for aging populations: Compassion fatigue and satisfaction. Toronto, Canada.
- Presenter at the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Conference. (2015). Helping learners move from apprehension to action: Counselor education and research. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- PSYC 171: General Psychology
- PSYC 220: Lifespan Development
- PSYC 270: Interviewing and the Helping Relations
- PSYC 422: Theories of Counseling
- PSYC 481: Psychology Practicum
- PSYC 499: Psychology Capstone
- COUN 520: Multicultural Counseling
- COUN 530: Lifespan Counseling
- COUN 630: Mental Health Leadership, Consultation & Advocacy
- COUN 660: Research Evaluation and Evidence-Based Practice
- COUN 699: Action Research Project
- Awarded the 2015-2016 Research Fellowship for the D.B. Reinhart Institute for Ethics in Leadership
- Elected to the Executive Board for the Wisconsin Counseling Association: 2014-Current