Graduate Program Review Process
- Notification: Programs subject to review are notified by the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of Graduate Studies during the fall semester prior to the spring semester in which the program will be reviewed.
- Preparation for Review: Programs analyze data and prepare a report that addresses the criteria outlined in the next section.
- Report Due Date: The report is due in electronic form (PDF) to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of Graduate Studies office by the first Monday following Spring Break.
- Review Process: The committee reviews the report and prepares a draft response.
- Director Q&A. The committee meets with the Director of the program for clarification and discussion.
- Draft Response: The draft response is given to the relevant School Dean and program Director for correction of errors. Suggested corrections are due back to the Committee within two weeks.
- Final Response: The committee prepares a final response with recommendations to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of Graduate Studies, School Dean, and Program Director.
- Progress Report: The School Dean and Program Director submit a progress report to the committee within three semesters of receiving the Committee's final response. For some programs, this timeline may be shorter if the Committee requests more immediate action.