Faculty Member Since: 2008
Areas of Expertise
- Behavioral Neuroscience
- Psychological Testing
- Experimental Design
- Quantitative Analysis
Broadly interested in a wide range of topics in biology, behavioral neuroscience, and psychology with a primary goal of mentoring undergraduates through the research process. Research efforts have historically involved evaluating the therapeutic potential of 670 nm photobiomodulation in model organisms exposed to toxins; current projects focus on the development of moral judgment in college students. Future directions will emphasize analysis of archival neuroscientific data from curated repositories.
- Fallon, C.A., Shaw, K.L., Wright, C.A., & Bauer, D.J. (2019, April). A dose-dependent effect of KCN on E. coli cultures. Poster presented at the annual Viterbo University Scholars’ Days Symposium, La Crosse, WI.
- Barton, J.R., Lee, C.L., Gerber, S.S., and Bauer, D.J. (2017, April). Photobiomodulation Therapy and KCN Exposure on Cytochrome c Oxidase in Drosophila melanogaster Brain. Poster presented at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research, Memphis, TN.
- Howard, J.J., Bauer, D.J., & Nyseth, J.C. (2015, March). Moral enhancements: What does science fiction teach us about moral improvements? Presentation at the inaugural conference of The Work of Cognition and Neuroethics in Science Fiction, Flint, MI.
- Bauer, D.J., Peterson, T.C., & Swain, R.S. (2014). Cerebellar dentate nuclei lesions alter prefrontal cortex dendritic spine morphology. Brain Research, 1544, 15-24. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.brainres.2013.11.032
- Bauer, D.J., Kerr, A.L., & Swain, R.S. (2011). Cerebellar dentate nuclei lesions reduce motivation in appetitive operant conditioning and open field exploration. Neurobiology of Learning and Memory. 95(2), 166-175. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nlm.2010.12.009