Once you have been accepted into one of our Educational Leadership licensure program, the Directors of the program will register you for the first course.
After your first course has been completed:
As soon as the course schedule is available each semester the Directors of Educational Leadership will send out a list of courses and section numbers.
The Registrar's Office has course information (http://www.viterbo.edu/registrar.aspx?id=844) , click on Graduate. A registration date will be set for all Educational Leadership Students. As graduate students, you will be able to register at least a month before the start of the new semester, so for a fall course you will be able to register at any time on Vitnet during the month August, for the Spring Semester during December and for the summer semester during the month of May. Once a semester has started registration is closed.
Students must drop any classes by Friday of the first week of classes to obtain a full refund. After the first week, refunds are given on a sliding scale.
What if I need to sit out a semester, but will return to complete the Educational Leadership Program? If a student will not be taking any courses at Viterbo University during any given semester (fall, spring, summer), but will return the next semester they will need to register themselves for NENR-000 via VitNet. No paper registrations will be accepted. By doing this a student can retain their VU email and all other account information so they won't have any problems registering for the following semester.
- Students must register for NENR-000 prior to the start of the subsequent semester, i.e. August 24 for 2012FA. The absolute last day registration can occur is Friday of the first week of classes, i.e. August 31 for 2012FA. A student not registering by the deadline will have the account deactivated per normal first of term procedures and must complete the reentry process.
- Students technology accounts will remain active. Students will also remain active on any advisor list.
- Students should not be registered for any courses and NENR-000.
- Students will be assigned registration times for the subsequent semester. Advisors will need to approve them to register. Students may register for a course for the subsequent term or for NENR-000 again.
- Students may register for a maximum of three continuous semesters of NENR-000 after which their account will be deactivated.
- The student will not be considered enrolled for any financial aid or loan deferment reason. The student will not be reported to the National Student Clearinghouse as enrolled.
- The NENR-000 course will not appear on a transcript. A grade of NR will be awarded to accommodate end of term processing.
- Student must complete a Withdrawl Form.
- This is for graduate students only.
Re-entry Procedures: Students re-entering (resuming coursework) the Educational Leadership will need to complete an application form and indicate that they previously were enrolled at Viterbo University. Once the student has checked that they have previously been enrolled at Viterbo University the form will switch to a re-entry form. The form will be processed, the student and their advisor will receive a confirmation letter, and then the student is cleared to register for classes.